Monday, January 26, 2009

Swiss chocolate sandwich cookies


I never buy dessert, except may be for ice cream. I realized Saturday evening that my latest batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies had already been devoured (I have 2 little monsters who love sneaking in the kitchen and trying out mommy's confections especially when it involves chocolate and cookies). As for the pint of chocolate ice cream in the freezer...What chocolate ice cream in the freezer?

I remembered this recipe for chocolate sandwich cookies I had read about two months ago (I never forget a good recipe) and now was the right time to give it a try. This recipe was adapted by Nick Malgieri from "Swiss baking and Confectionery" by Walter Bachmann.


It's basically a chocolate cookie dough rolled and cut out with a fluted round 2 inch cookie cutter and a double chocolate (milk and semi-sweet) filling for the chocolate lovers like me. The filling is spread evenly between 2 cookies and a light dusting of powdered sugar makes them as sweet to look at as they are to eat.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, I want these cookies. Can you share the recipe with me? They look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. They were really yummi. You can find the recipe by clicking on this link.

    http://projects.washingtonpost.com/recipes/2007/12/12/swiss-chocolate-sandwich-cookies/

    ReplyDelete